[poppler] poppler and TeX Live -- request for a few modifications

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Fri Mar 2 02:13:24 PST 2012

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> To be honest we do not want/like/encourage people using poppler core internals
> so adding this would be a "breach" of those ideals. OTOH it is a small-ish
> change and I remember some other people wanted it.
>
> Anyone else has an opinion on this? Carlos? Pino? Adrian?
>

>> Having POPPLER_VERSION (possibly under a different name) available in
>> poppler-config.h would be helpful when not using libpoppler-cpp.

Hi Albert,

I just see that poppler-config.h in the brand new 0.19.0 now defines
POPPLER_VERSION.  Thanks.  This is, however, #define'd as 0.19.0 and not as
"0.19.0".  Is this a mistake or intentional?  I don't see any use for that
other than immediate stringification, but if this is intentional we
certainly can adapt to it.

Another point: compiling goo/GooString.cc yields many instances of
   error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to 'const char**'
   error:   initializing argument 7 of 'static void GooString::formatInt
plus
   error: prototype for 'void GooString::formatInt(...) does not match...
and the same for formatUInt (both with g++-3.4.6 and g++-4.6.2).
PLEASE FIXIT

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>