[poppler] Poppler 0.19.1 (0.20 Beta 1) released

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 14:23:15 PDT 2012

Available from
http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-0.19.1.tar.gz

WARNING: This is a unstable release, it is actually 0.20 Beta 1 release, it
should work like any release from the 0.18 branch, but do not blame us if it
turns your cat into a lion and eats your breakfast.

Changes against the 0.19.0 branch:
core:
 * Improve CJK suport in PSOutputDev
 * CJK substitute implementation on WIndows platforms
 * Do not crash on malformed files with 0 bits in the color map of an image
 * Fix regression in some PSOutputDev array sizing
 * Improvements to Annotation editing
 * Fix logic error in Rendition parsing code (Bug #47063)
 * Minor API changes to SplashOutputDev (Bug #46622)
 * Fix mismatch in some functions declarations
 * Update poppler copyright year

utils:
 * pdftops: Fix -passfonts regression. (Bug #46744)
 * pdffonts: List the encoding of each font. (Bug #46888)
 * pdftohtml: Add possibilty of controlling word breaks percentage. (Bug #47022)

qt4:
 * Support for LinkMovie object (Bug #40561)
 * Support for Media Rendition

glib:
 * Add poppler_fonts_iter_get_encoding
 * Improvements to the demo

Testing, patches and bug reports welcome.

My TODO list is:
 * Work with Fabio in his Annot Qt4 patches
 * Decide something with Adrian in the "Pdf that uses the symbol font" thread
 * Review 47186 pdftohtml: mask images are not extracted, unless they are JPEG
 * Review 32340 pdftohtml: renders images vertically flipped

Remember feature freeze is in 2 weeks with Beta 2

If anyone has anything else that thinks it is waiting on me for further
feedback, tellme, because it's not on my list