[poppler] garbled text from pdftohtml/pdftotext

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 24 07:32:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

Could you let me know where I could download some sample?

Ihar `Philips` Filipau wrote:
> P.S. Okular (KDE 4.7.4) also showed that the embedded subset fonts are
> "Type 1C" and have the funny names:
> IKFZYK+MSTT31c39b00
> ILOQIT+MSTT31c38e00
> MBQOWW+MSTT31c38100

Please do not call them as "funny" :-), such names are quite popular
in the PDFs that TrueType fonts were converted to PostScript Type1
fonts in embedding. I'm afraid the PDFs are generated without the
consideration about the text extraction, and, if my guessing is right,
even Adobe products cannot extract the texts.

Regards,
mpsuzuki