[poppler] Annot rendering improvements

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 14:40:47 PDT 2012

El Dijous, 29 de març de 2012, a les 00:47:36, Fabio D'Urso va escriure:
> The attached patches contain many improvements in Annot rendering (and thus
> printing).
> 0001 is a bug fix, to make it possible to hide annotations when
> printing.

Commited the fixed version I got from IRC

> 0002 fixes the existing AnnotGemetry::draw method.

Can we get a pdf that shows the problem?

> 0003, 0004, and 0007 implement Annot*::draw methods from scratch.
> 0005 adds leading line support when drawing AnnotLines.
> 0006 adds support for typeSquiggly and fixes some bugs that prevented other
> types from being drawn.
>
> Note on 0007: AnnotFreeText is a box with text inside. This patch only
> implements basic functionality: - it can't print the full range of Unicode
> characters (in fact it converts to WinAnsi before printing) - font is
> hardcoded. Note that the font resource dict is not written when outputting
> to PS. This fact results in a invalid font reference in the Tf command.
> However, font is substituted and a warning is issued in all ps viewers I
> have at hand
>
> I'll try to fix 0007 to output font res dict tomorrow, but I feel that even
> at this stage this basic implementation can be useful. The other patches
> are final

All the rest seem to be new feature, let's wait for the outcome of the Beta 3
mail. But please prepare some pdf showing the need of those changes.

Good work.