[poppler] poppler PDF version compatibility

Lucas Vieites lucas.vieites at gmail.com
Mon May 28 02:06:14 PDT 2012

  Hi,
  I'm comparing the features of xpdf-poppler (the package provided by
OpenSuse 12.1, which uses libpoppler 0.18.0) and Adobe Reader 9.5.1
(provided by the same distribution).
  The most important thing I need to compare is the compatibility of both
document readers regarding the PDF document versioning. The Wikipedia page
for PDF [1] shows this list with the relations between Acrobat Reader
versions and versions of PDF:

   - 1993 – PDF 1.0 / Acrobat 1.0
   - 1994 – PDF 1.1 / Acrobat 2.0
   - 1996 – PDF 1.2 / Acrobat 3.0
   - 2000 – PDF 1.3 / Acrobat 4.0
   - 2001 – PDF 1.4 / Acrobat 5.0
   - 2003 – PDF 1.5 / Acrobat 6.0
   - 2005 – PDF 1.6 / Acrobat 7.0
   - 2006 – PDF 1.7 / Acrobat 8.0
   - 2006 – PDF 1.7 / Acrobat 8.2
   - 2008 – PDF 1.7, Adobe Extension Level 3 / Acrobat 9.0
   - 2009 – PDF 1.7, Adobe Extension Level 5 / Acrobat 9.1

  Is there any way to obtain a similar list for poppler (at least of the
latest versions).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF

  Please reply to email too, as I'm not subscribed to the list,

  Thanks in advance,
--
Lucas Vieites
lucas.vieites at gmail.com