[poppler] [qt4] Question on the use of the FormFieldChoice class

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Wed Oct 17 11:45:05 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 08:51:37 AM Adam Reichold wrote:
> Just noticed something odd: When I save a modified copy of a PDF file
> with a custom text entered into a combo box form field and reload it,
> the new file still shows the custom text but
> FormWidgetChoice::getEditChoice returns a null string...

> Could this be a problem with the parsing in FormFieldChoice?

Seems like it's not been implemented.

In FormFieldChoice::FormFieldChoice (poppler/Form.cc), editedChoice is
initially assigned NULL and never changed.
I think it should be given the value in /V if /V is a string and doesn't match
any of the predefined choices. Note that the piece of code that parses /V is
one of the things that I'm working on (thread: "Patches for form choice
fields").

By the way, I noticed that FormFieldChoice::setEditChoice internally calls
unselectAll to deselect predefined options. Maybe select/selectAll/etc..
should similarly set editedChoice to NULL?

Fabio