[poppler] RFC: upstream optional threading support in pdftoppm for simple testing

Adam Reichold adamreichold at myopera.com
Fri Apr 5 10:27:41 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

To make it easier for us to test changes w.r.t. to threading, I would
propose to commit a simple implementation of threading in 'pdftoppm' to
master.

The attached patch contains a very simple implementation that is not
focused on maximal performance but should suffice to stress the locking
inside Poppler's core. I opted to implement only the POSIX approach
since I suppose POSIX systems are where most of us test and the code is
hopefully simple and short enough not become a maintenance burden.

What do you think?

Best regards, Adam.