[poppler] RFC: upstream optional threading support in pdftoppm for simple testing

Adam Reichold adamreichold at myopera.com
Sun Apr 7 07:43:45 PDT 2013

Hello again,

Am 07.04.2013 16:31, schrieb Adam Reichold:
> Hello,
>
> Am 07.04.2013 16:13, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> El Dissabte, 6 d'abril de 2013, a les 17:43:54, Adam Reichold va escriure:

>> escriure:

>>> I would be fine with both.
>>>
>>> Actually, since this is mostly meant for testing, I would be fine with
>>> not making it accessible via autotools or CMake at all, i.e. just add
>>> the definition to 'config.h' manually when and if we need it.
>>
>> Makes sense to me, code-wise what's the difference between this and the code
>> Thomas posted in the threading bug? Do you think this is simpler/easier to
>> understand?
>
> Yes, the difference is that I left out the Windows-specific part and
> tried to keep it as simple as possible. For example, I think
> synchronizing on the job queue is simpler than synchronizing on the
> thread state. But of course, my implementation is not very efficient in
> terms of performance, just sufficient for testing.
>
> Best regards, Adam.

Thinking about it some more, there is one reason to keep this accessible
via autotools: The 'builder' part of 'regtest' could always build it
using pthreads and use something '-j 2' by default to improve the
usefulness of the regression tests. But I'd say this is for Carlos to
decide.

Best regards, Adam.