[poppler] TextAnnotation Orientation

Cory Lorenz cory at plangrid.com
Wed Jan 30 13:13:24 PST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to annotate a PDF with text using Poppler, and I can get it to work, but the text is oriented up-down rather than left-right. Looking at the pdfinfo, I see that the sheet is rotated by 270. Short of rotating the source PDF to 0, adding the annotation, and then rotating back, is there a way to set the orientation of the text box? My code is below.

Thanks!
-Cory

  QString *annFileName = new QString (srcFileName);
  Poppler::Document* doc = Poppler::Document::load(*annFileName);
  Poppler::TextAnnotation *it = new Poppler::TextAnnotation(Poppler::TextAnnotation::InPlace);
  it->setInplaceText(QString("Bingo Bango Bongo"));
  it->setBoundary(QRectF(0.1,0.1,0.05,0.2));
  it->setTextFont( QFont( QString("Arial"), 25 ) );
  Poppler::Annotation::Style styleT;
  styleT.setColor(QColor(0, 255, 0));
  it->setStyle(styleT);
  pdfPage->addAnnotation(it);
  Poppler::PDFConverter *conv = doc->pdfConverter();
  conv->setOutputFileName(QString(destFileName));
  conv->setPDFOptions(conv->pdfOptions() |
  Poppler::PDFConverter::WithChanges);
  conv->convert();