[poppler] Arthur Backend

Mihai Niculescu q.quark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 00:41:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am working on Arthur backend and did some changes for the backend not
to use Splash, but only Qt and QPainter.
Right now, the backend can render very good PDF files with the exceptions:
- does not render non-latin characters
- does not render multiple resolutions

These are the only problems I found. Are you interested in these changes
and how can I add these to git repo?
Also, I am thinking of modifying the wrapper to also support Qt5 but I
dont know how to  modify the build system (configure, makefiles) to
search for Qt5/Qt4, set libraries and moc accordingly and to set a
global variable to use it in the code in order to know which code to enable:
#ifdef QT5_VERSION

or something like this. If someone can help me with this, than I'll make
poppler-qt4 support even Qt5.

Cheers,
Mihai