[poppler] Arthur Backend

Mihai Niculescu q.quark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 02:41:35 PDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 10:15 AM, Moritz Lipp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2013-06-03 09:41:41, Mihai Niculescu wrote:
>> Also, I am thinking of modifying the wrapper to also support Qt5 but I
>> dont know how to  modify the build system (configure, makefiles) to
>> search for Qt5/Qt4, set libraries and moc accordingly and to set a
>> global variable to use it in the code in order to know which code to enable:
>> #ifdef QT5_VERSION
> You can use QT_VERSION and QT_VERSION_CHECK in the following way:
>
>      #if (QT_VERSION >= QT_VERSION_CHECK(4, 4, 0))
>
> Regarding the build system take a look at the configure.ac file and the
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES lines at line ~580 and the CMakeLists.txt at line ~100
> but I have to admit that I am not familiar with the build system. Maybe this
> [1] is somewhat useful.
>
> Kind regards,
> Moritz
>
> [1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/cmake-manual.html
Thanks, sure it helps!

Now the second question, how do I make the code available to others?

Also, I see in the TODO
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/TODO) that there is a
wish to make ArthurOutputDev optional. Why? Isn't it better for someone
who uses Qt and poppler-qt frontend to make use Arthur? Make Splash
optional.

  Cheers,
Mihai