[poppler] Arthur Backend

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 3 10:56:18 PDT 2013

El Dilluns, 3 de juny de 2013, a les 19:49:13, mihai Niculescu va escriure:
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 3, 2013, at 19:38, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Dilluns, 3 de juny de 2013, a les 09:41:41, Mihai Niculescu va
escriure:
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> >> I am working on Arthur backend and did some changes for the backend not
> >> to use Splash, but only Qt and QPainter.
> >> Right now, the backend can render very good PDF files with the
> >> exceptions:
> >> - does not render non-latin characters
> >> - does not render multiple resolutions
> >
> > How are you fixing the embedded font problem?
>
> The embedded fonts are read from file using the GfxFont. I only have a
> problem with CID font with which I didn't advance enough- this is why
> I cannot make it display CJK. Mostly, the code is similar with
> SplashOutputDev and Cairo.

Ok, let me remake my question, how are you using QPainter to draw a QFont that
represents a font that is embedded in the pdf file? Or you're not using QFont?

> >> These are the only problems I found. Are you interested in these changes
> >> and how can I add these to git repo?
> >
> > Send patches, either here or to bugzilla (but *not* to both)
>
> I'll replay with another email containing the patch.
>
> >> Also, I am thinking of modifying the wrapper to also support Qt5 but I
> >> dont know how to  modify the build system (configure, makefiles) to
> >> search for Qt5/Qt4, set libraries and moc accordingly and to set a
> >> global variable to use it in the code in order to know which code to
> >> enable: #ifdef QT5_VERSION
> >
> > No, create a qt5 folder, don't fill the place with ifdefs, we did that
> > with
> > qt3 and qt4 back in the time and it was a mess.
>
>  Ok.

Someone just said in the irc channel he almost has this finished, so you may
want to hold up a bit here (or sync with him)