[poppler] How does Poppler extract Typ1C embedded Fonts with custom encoding?

Olaf Drümmer olaflist at callassoftware.com
Wed Jun 5 13:36:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

The file in the stackoverflow question does not seem to contain enough information to establish a useful encoding (unless there was also a ToUnicode present - can't check as I do not have that file at hand).

Type1C per se should not be any different than plain Type1 for text extraction, as you would not look inside the font.  Either a the glyph names are defined (Adobe Glyph List), or the encoding is a known encoding, or a ToUnicode table is in place.

Olaf