[poppler] Arthur Backend

Mihai Niculescu q.quark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 23:19:34 PDT 2013

On 06/11/2013 12:56 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 10 de juny de 2013, a les 23:39:26, Mihai Niculescu va escriure:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I didnt use git, so I must get the trunk from git, apply the
>>> modifications and create the patch and later I'll send you the patch.
>>> I hope it is not too late.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mihai
>> I attached the patch file. This patch removes any code in Arthur's dev
>> that is dependent on Splash. It also sets a transparent background for
>> the page - this feature is what I need a lot. A user can set manually
>> the background color by himself in a QWidget/QImage. Maybe a better
>> approach is to set it to the color of the document. I'll look into this
>> in the future.
>>
>> As mentioned above, my tests showed that it can not display non-latin
>> chars and also it displays only at a single resolution.
> I'll try have a look before the feature freeze (in two weeks) but someone else
> other than Mihai doing some testing/code review would be awesome.
>
> Cheers,
>    Albert

I think I wasn't clear enough about the patch with one thing, so let me
give a better explanation. It can render a PDF page correctly only when
not setting any resolution, like this :
page->renderToPainter(&painter);

So, testing the patch with demos/poppler_qt4viewer will not render
correctly. Instead, you should test it with the example I have attached
now. To compile it, you need to set the POPPLER variable from
testPoppler-Arthur.pro

Cheers,
Mihai