[poppler] Bug 69485

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Fri Jan 3 05:32:10 PST 2014

On 1/2/14 11:52 PM, "Adrian Johnson" <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:

>Then why does it work on my printer which has a genuine Adobe PS
>interpreter? I would have assumed Adobe share the same code for
>interpreting PS in both Distiller and the printer software.

There are, of course, many shared pieces but there are also many things
specific to a printer/RIP that aren't needed by Distiller (and vice-versa).

Looks like Ross tracked it down to that ImageMask definition.

>Ricoh says that if it cannot be read by Distiller, it won't be processed
>by printers.

Ricoh is just looking to place blame - this is simply false.  Even more so
because all of our printer OEM's do a LOT of customization of the
technology that they receive in order to differentiate their products from
each other.

Leonard