[poppler] [gs-devel] Bad interaction between libgs, lcms2 and poppler

Robin Watts robin.watts at artifex.com
Mon Jan 13 16:26:02 PST 2014

I can read gs-devel, but cannot post to it :(

On 13/01/2014 21:20, Ken Sharp wrote:
> We are currently in discussion with Marti, the LCMS developer, to deal
> (I think) with this problem. We are looking more generally at thread
> safety and LCMS but I believe that this is a particular instance of the
> problems we have seen.

This is in fact the exact problem we are working to fix now.

> Of course this will mean that we depend on a new release of LCMS, and
> then of Ghostscript, at the very least so I'm afraid that I don't see a
> solution to this at the present.

Marti has a version of LCMS with this working now and is just polishing
the last few things. I have a branch where it is integrated with
ghostscript.

As soon as Marti makes the official release, I will commit my changes
into the gs tree. From that point you can probably download a snapshot
of gs and rebuild libgs and poppler.

Or you can wait for the next release of gs, due in february, when
hopefully it should all be fixed.

HTH,

Robin
--