[poppler] A question about xpdf

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 16 16:05:04 PST 2014

Excuse me, I think the name of "xpdf" is owned by Glyph & Cog,
not by poppler project (poppler is not owned by Glyph & Cog).
I think the poppler developers would have no problem with
the development of the xpdf-compatible applications using poppler,
but, the poppler developers could not comment with the name
of "xpdf".

Anyway, removal of xpdf package from Debian is a pity, I
sympathize. I feel most of post-xpdf PDF viewers are slightly
too heavy because of the binding with rich UI toolkits.

Is it impossible for Debian(-based distributions) to have
xpdf-compatible application with different name, and making
a symlink from it (whose name is not xpdf) to /usr/bin/xpdf ?

Regards,
mpsuzuki