[poppler] Syntax Error: Unknown character collection 'DYNA-HK1'

Martin Hong hongzeqin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 06:45:07 PST 2015

Hello guys,

I am new to Poppler, I am developing a tool to support converting pdf to jpeg files online in China. But I meet a strange error and I can not resolve it through searching google. The below lists some details:

————————
$ pdftoppm -v
pdftoppm version 0.37.0
Copyright 2005-2015 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org
Copyright 1996-2011 Glyph & Cog, LLC
————————
$ pdftoppm -png ~/Desktop/test.pdf tmp
Syntax Error: Unknown character collection 'DYNA-HK1’
————————

the `test.pdf` is exported from Mac OS’ Keynote.app and contains some Chinese characters. If I try to export a pdf which doesn’t contain any Chinese characters, it will work. Additionally, I also tried to use pdftotext to print text in `test.pdf`, it can print text normally.

You can also download the test pdf from here: http://7xj84e.com1.z0.glb.clouddn.com/test.pdf <http://7xj84e.com1.z0.glb.clouddn.com/test.pdf> .

Hope someone can help to resolve this problem and thanks very much in advance!

Best Regards,
Martin