[poppler] pdftops : issue with colorspaces with some printers (gray vs rgb)

Benjamin Lefevre benjamin.lefevre at photobox.com
Wed Feb 4 07:18:59 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

My name is Benjamin and I am french.

I'm new on this mailing list :)

 I come to you for a question or maybe for a feature request (at this
stage, I'm not sure).

Please look at this pdf (dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoj6h3o4irnlgun/source.pdf?dl=0
) <https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoj6h3o4irnlgun/source.pdf?dl=0>

There are two monochrome images (in DeviceRGB in the pdf).

After executing 'pdftops', the images are cut in half, with the top part in
DeviceRGB and the bottom in DeviceGray. This causes colorimetric issues on
some of my printers (most of them in fact).

Is it possible to preserve DeviceRGB by executing pdftops? I did not manage
to achieve it with the few available options provided by pdftops.....

Or would it be possible to have a new option in poppler (pdftops in my
case) to preserve colorspaces, and to not optimize the monochrome images in
DeviceGray?

Thank you in advance,

Benjamin.