[poppler] RFC: Expose whole-words search option in Qt frontends

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Sun Jan 11 02:14:12 PST 2015

Hello again,

Am 11.01.2015 um 00:57 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Diumenge, 11 de gener de 2015, a les 00:37:36, Adam Reichold va
> escriure:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am 10.01.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>>> Maybe you can add some tests to check_search.cpp?
>>
>> Attached patch with a test case for the four flag combinations
>> added to the Qt4 and Qt5 versions of "check_search.cpp".
>>
>> Of course, this very much highlights the ugliness of shoe horning
>> the flags into the existing enumeration. But I don't think that
>> making "Poppler::Page::search" take an "int" instead of
>> "SearchMode" would be ABI compatible strictly speaking, since now
>> the compiler is free to choose the underlying type for the
>> enumeration.
>
> Meh, you're right, this is not good either since you're passing in
> SearchMode something that is not a SearchMode (it's the sum of
> two).
>
> So yeah it'd be better to go the QFlags way. Maybe you can leave
> the old function there, mark it as deprecated and say that it only
> obeys the sensitiviness part and add a new function that accepts
> the qflags?

Ok, attached is the patch which adds a new flags type SearchFlags and
corresponding overloads to the Qt4 frontend. I try to factor out as
much common code as possible and add a test case as well. I'll add the
Qt5 frontend as soon we think the approach is sound.

I chose to use a new enumeration SearchFlag instead of SearchMode
since the symmetry of SearchMode does not really make sense if there
are several non-exclusive flags.

Best regards, Adam.