[poppler] Czech characters are not appeared in Okular, Evince after filling form line of PDF

yullaw at mageia.cz yullaw at mageia.cz
Sat Jan 24 07:57:10 PST 2015

Hello,

we have an issue that we can't fill a PDF forms with some Czech
characters as such as "ěščřžýů", but other characters "áíéú" are
correct. No faults in the console, I tried to install a lot of fonts
including msttcorefonts to the system. If Adobe Reader (which is
discontinued support for Linux) or Foxit Reader (under Wine) is used,
all works fine.

How to reproduce:
1. change to Czech keyboard (you will use keys 234567890[$ for
ěščřžýáíéúů)
2. open Okular, Evince or qpdfview
3. download and open the pdf form file:
http://forum.mageia.cz/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=382.0;attach=652
4. try to fill a line of Czech characters
5. close a filling and see that some characters are missing

Software:
OS Linux Mageia 4.1 64bit (Mageia5b2, Ubuntu 14.04 the same resutls)
Poppler: poppler-0.24.3-2.mga4.x86_64, poppler-data-0.4.6-3.mga4.noarch
(poppler-0.26.5, poppler-data-0.4.7)
Okular: okular-4.12.5-1.1.mga4

[yullaw at localhost Stažené]$ pdffonts '/home/yullaw/Stažené/Výpověď
WSS.pdf'
name                                 type              encoding
emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ----------------
--- --- --- ---------
FLEDFL+OCRBLTCE                      Type 1C           Custom
yes yes yes    527  0
FLEDFM+HelveticaNeueCE-Roman         Type 1C           Custom
yes yes yes    530  0
FLEDGO+HelveticaNeueCE-Bold          Type 1C           Custom
yes yes yes    533  0
EJEPFB+BC39Short                     Type 1C           Custom
yes yes yes    536  0
[yullaw at localhost Stažené]$

FYI: I am not able to compile the newest poppler-0.30.0. Output errors
attached below.

Thanks in advice and support!