[poppler] [RFC] Add option to keep alpha channel to Qt frontends

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Sun Jul 12 10:06:38 PDT 2015

Hello,

Am 12.07.2015 um 18:14 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> Then maybe we can change the flag name to be IgnorePaperColor?
>
> The wording you suggest and how one is disconnected from the other makes me a
> bit unforncortable.

I agree to the suggested name change. Could you apply the renaming
locally or should I prepare a new patch set?

> Makes sense to me, shall i just pick the three first commits from splash-no-
> background-v4.patch ?

Yes, just picking first three commits will add the IgnorePaperColor
option but it will not change the default image format to RGB8 which is
done in the fourth commit and is what will improve performance for
existing unmodified consumers.

So I'd suggest to take it up to the fourth commit "Switch default image
format of Qt frontends". Of course this also has a certain potential for
regression since consumer programs might assume that Poppler's images
will always be ARGB32 instead of checking QImage::format to discover
that it is RGB888 instead. But it still does not touch Splash's
internals and hence and so any effects should be easy to localize.

Best regards, Adam.