[poppler] Build and Install poppler-qt5-mac ; Poppler Qt5 interface library, libpoppler-qt5

Maik Ziemert mail at moozoom.de
Thu Jul 23 08:29:08 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to built and install poppler for Qt 5 on my mac.

On following website I can see the following dev-status:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~aacid/docs/qt5/ <http://people.freedesktop.org/~aacid/docs/qt5/>

But in some projects poppler for qt5 is already in use.

How can I build and install poppler Qt 5 on my mac?

I downloaded the package „poppler-0.34.0“ und open my Terminal app.

I type following:

MaikZiemertsMBP:poppler-0.34.0 moozoom$ ./configure --enable-poppler-qt5

I received following message:

…

checking for GTKDOC_DEPS... yes
checking for POPPLER_QT4... no
checking for POPPLER_QT5... no
configure: error: Package requirements (Qt5Core >= 5.0.0 Qt5Gui >= 5.0.0 Qt5Xml >= 5.0.0 Qt5Widgets >= 5.0.0) were not met:

No package 'Qt5Core' found
No package 'Qt5Gui' found
No package 'Qt5Xml' found
No package 'Qt5Widgets' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables POPPLER_QT5_CFLAGS
and POPPLER_QT5_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

How can I solve this problem?

I have already installed the Qt-Creator with Qt 5.5.

A alternative way was MacPorts, but MacPorts provided only „poppler-qt4-mac“ - NOT „poppler-qt-mac“.

Please, I need a Step-by-Step paper for building and installing poppler for Qt 5 - for building the Poppler Qt5 interface library, libpoppler-qt5.

Thanks in advanced!

Best regards,

Maik