[poppler] Heap corruption caused by wrong JPXStream import

Peter Waller peter at scraperwiki.com
Tue Jun 30 14:28:37 PDT 2015

Linux, yes. Ubuntu 15.04.

I'm afraid digging out documents that cause it is not a simple
proposition for me right now. But from my understanding of the code
- from the build I had - if one hits that `new JPXStream`, then it was
guaranteed to crash. Are you certain in your testing that this line**
is being hit (e.g, with "printf"?). The build I had definitely could
not have executed that line correctly. Maybe I had an incorrect
build due to a strange environment, though I thought I had hit the
problem with the standard build shipped with Ubuntu.

** https://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/poppler/Stream.cc?id=poppler-0.33.0#n355