[poppler] Annotation creation using Poppler

Colin Lee cisglee at gmail.com
Tue May 26 04:56:30 PDT 2015

I am trying to highlight existing PDF text using Poppler. I used you
example, but got stuck because my document page does not have an
addAnnotation attribute.

    ann = popplerqt4.Poppler.HighlightAnnotation
    ann.setBoundary = box.boundingBox()
    doc.page(currentPage).addAnnotation(ann)

    {AttributeError}'Page' object has no attribute 'addAnnotation'

I'm using Poppler version 0.29 in Python with popplerqt4. C++ examples or
explanations are very welcome too, unless you think this issue is
Python-related.

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I'd be very grateful for
your help.