[poppler] PDF crashes after RHEL update - evidently Poppler-related

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:46:10 PDT 2015

I checked the source RPM poppler-0.12.4-4.el6_6.1.src.rpm out of curiosity.
The -4 update includes at most 6 new patches. 2 add initializations to NULL. 1 adds a range check to an array index. 1 fixes captions in push button fields.  1 fixes captions in annotations. 1 improves the check for text overlaps in pdftotext. None of the patches look like they could cause a crash.
SInce the current version of poppler is 0.37, no one is going to try to debug 0.12.
If the person who reported the problem can post a sample file, it might be good to check that it works with the current version of poppler.
Since the -4 update includes only 6 patches from -3, the person who reported the problem might want to do a binary search to locate the patch that causes the problem. It should take at most 3 rpmbuild iterations to identify the patch.
Regards, William