[poppler] [RFC] Add option to strip encryption

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Tue Sep 1 15:56:27 PDT 2015

Hello again,

Am 01.09.2015 um 23:48 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dimarts, 1 de setembre de 2015, a les 23:34:10, Adam Reichold va escriure:
> I've reverted the change altogether until we find a way to solve this.

Attached is an extension of the original patch series which adds the
necessary change to replace raw stream copying with "undecoded" stream
copying as it is for example used in the PostScript output device to
transfer compressed (but decrypted) image data.

This way, filters like compression stay intact and stream nesting is
only undone until a decryption stream is reached. I also opted to
continue to pass the "stripEncryption" flag explicitly instead of for
example testing

fileKey != NULL &&
stream->getBaseStream() != stream->getUndecodedStream()

so that while the patch is larger, we can be more assured not to disturb
the current code paths as this change is triggered only by explicit
request of the caller.

Best regards, Adam.