[poppler] Any change of getting --table support in this version of pdftotext?

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Fri Aug 26 06:34:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

In data giovedì 25 agosto 2016 16:48:44 CEST, David Goodenough ha scritto:
> There seem to be two versions of pdftotext, one here and one in xpdf.
>
> This version is the one packaged for Debian, so ideally I want all
> the function in this version.
>
> There is an ERP package, used to be called OpenERP, now called Odoo,
> and there is a plugin for that which interprets PDF invoices so that
> they do not have to be retyped.  It needs the --layout and --table
> options which do not appear to be in this version.

Note that -layout (with a single dash, like all the options in all the
poppler utils) exists already, since the import of pdftotext in poppler
(cca 2005).

OTOH, -table does not exist even in the development version of poppler.

> Any chance of getting these new options ported across here so that
> the standard Debian version is supported?

Most probably someone needs to work on that, and either pick the
implementation of -table from xpdf, or reimplement it from scratch.

--
Pino Toscano