[poppler] Get "Missing language pack for 'Adobe-GB1' mapping" error even if poppler-data is installed

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sun Aug 28 12:03:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for lated response. I've discussed with Min and found that
the poppler-data package was installed to /usr tree, but the
homebrew binary was installed to /usr/local (the difference was
detected by strace command, to check the searched directories).
Copying the data in /usr/share/poppler to /usr/local/share/poppler
solved the trouble.

(I wish this post is something useful for the people finding
original post via search engines)

Regards,
mpsuzuki