[poppler] Anyone seeing poppler performance issues w/ fontconfig 2.12.1?

Ed Porras ed at motologic.com
Wed Aug 31 07:12:14 UTC 2016

In one message or another, Albert Astals Cid said something like this:

> Have you trying asking the fontconfig people? If it can be easily
> reproduceable with "widely" distro available stuff like pdffonts i guess it's
> something eaiser to test for them than for us.

Well, I tried wording things just to ask if people had been noticing this instead of asking anyone to test anything for me since the issue was manifesting itself with utilities bundled by poppler and I didn’t find any other reports about it.

Anyway, the problem ended up being mac specific with the way fontconfig caches /System/Library/Fonts and reports are finally showing up:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52088
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2016-August/005811.html

Have a lovely day,

-e