[poppler] disable form feeds using parameter "nopgbrk" in GlobalParams

Nicolas Franck Nicolas.Franck at UGent.be
Thu Dec 1 22:45:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm using the perl wrapper..

https://github.com/c9s/perl-poppler

to the poppler library.

I'm trying to extract text from a page like this:

my $pdf = Poppler::Document->new_from_file( $file );

my $page = $pdf->get_page(0);

my $text = $page->get_text();

On one system, form feeds are added to the end of every line,

on others it doesn't. So I suspect some global configuration

must influence this behaviour.

I've read about configuration for xpdf ( xpdfrc ), where you can disable form feeds

using the parameter nopgbrk?, which influence the "GlobalParams" class.

But it does not seem to work in my case. The configuration is not used at all.

Is there any way in the library to set this behaviour using the API?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas Franck