[poppler] Radio buttons and NoToggleToOff

Adrián Pérez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Thu Jan 14 00:25:52 PST 2016

Hello Albert,

Quoting Albert Astals Cid (2016-01-14 01:55:38)
> Hi guys, I was having a look at the radio buttons spec/implementation and
> found the NoToggleToOff flag.
>
> Spec says " If set, exactly one radio button shall be selected at
> all times; selecting the currently selected button has no effect. If clear,
> clicking the selected button deselects it, leaving no button selected."
>
> Which i understand that if the bit is not set means that you can end up having
> a group of radio buttons with none selected when clicking on the selected one.

I have read the part of the spec concerning buttons, and indeed I do agree
with you. When the “NoToggleToOff” is not present, it should be possible to
leave a group of radio buttons with none of them checked.

> I modified the attached file so that the vertical radio (Alta/modifcacion/
> baja) does not have the NoToggleToOff flag set i.e. /Ff 32768
>
> When loading the file into Adobe Reader it seems it doesn't let me uncheck the
> radio.
>
> Am I reading the spec wrong? Or maybe this this is a bug in Adobe Reader?

It looks to me like a bug in Adobe Reader.

Regards,

--
 ⌨ Adrian