[poppler] Poppler provided printf() functions on Windows not language compliant

mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Fri Mar 4 21:58:54 UTC 2016

On 04-Mar-2016 13:49, mathog wrote:
> In tracking down a bug in Inkscape here:
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1538361
>
> it was discovered that the version of Poppler in devlibs61 appears to
> provide its own printf() functions, which replace the usual ones

Hmm, or not.  Downloaded and unpacked poppler-0.41.0 and found that

grep -R sprintf .

did not turn up any code that defines a new function.  So now I'm really
mystified.
How would linking in a static libpoppler break an applications' use of a
printf() function if it doesn't define a new one?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu