[poppler] Some C++11 in poppler?

Jakub Kucharski jakubkucharski97 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:04:21 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-05-29 at 22:50 +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi guys, what do you think of us adding "some" of the C++11 features
> in
> poppler?
>
> One that would be useful for example is std::unique_ptr, that is a
> class that
> will take ownership of a pointer and delete it when it goes out of
> scope.

I think *some* C++11 features (e.g. std::unique_ptr) would make things
easier. However there are some which could make things harder, e.g.
type inference (auto) - it sometimes makes it hard to reason about the
code when you don't know what type a function returns. So yes, some
 C++11 features would be OK, but perhaps we could make guidelines for
it.

		Jakub