[poppler] [patch] support Mac OS X fonts without fontconfig

Henrik Grubbström grubba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:12:33 UTC 2016

Hi.

On Fri Jul 31, 2009 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Hi, sorry for the late reply

Well, this follow-up is several magnitudes more late...

> A Diumenge, 12 de juliol de 2009, Jonathan Kew va escriure:
> > In order to use poppler on OS X without depending on X11 or
> > fontconfig, which is not a standard component on the Mac, I have
> > implemented a configure option
[...]
> > The attached patch is based on current git head.

It seems that the patch never got committed to the main repository.

I have now forward-ported it so that it merges cleanly with the HEAD
of the current git master branch
(183dbf3249e8db2398b63a749eb010bc0a89dc35).

In the process I've updated it to use the same configuration options as
for the fontconfig/WIN32 selection, as well as attempted to fix the
issues you reported below:

> So comments:
>  * Is there any possibility of me convincing you to also add that switches
>    to the CMake build system? If not i or someone else will have to do
>    delaying the commiting of the patch

CMakeList.txt updated accordingly. ~7 years is quite a bit of delay...

>  * The license on mac-framework.m4 seems a bit weird to me, but i think
>    we can live with it

It looks like it should be compatible with GPL, I did search for an
alternative implementation, but didn't find anything suitable.

>  * You can not include config.h in GlobalParams.h, use the
>    poppler-config.h trick

Fixed.

> Overall it looks okaish from the "i don't use Mac so i don't care much" POV
>
> Albert

The updated patch is available as the branch macosx from
https://github.com/grubba/poppler .

        /grubba

--
Henrik Grubbström                                       grubba at grubba.org