[poppler] Moving out of the freedesktop umbrella?

Ihar Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 09:20:15 UTC 2017

On 4/10/17, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El diumenge, 9 d’abril de 2017, a les 9:51:16 CEST, Adam Reichold va
> escriure:
>
> Again let me say this is about the lack of "community" involvement on
> discussing the addition of "extra rules" not about the rules themselves.

Practically speaking, it simply another reason why a person may be
banned from the FDO and lose control over the project. (Other
primitive reasons: FDO suffers a total server meltdown; FDO closes
down.)

If number of reasons is high enough for you, then investing a bit of
time into a project backup/alternative page is not a bad idea.
Especially if it would give you a peace of mind.