[poppler] hyperlinks not clickable

Petr Vanek petr at linuks.cz
Thu Feb 23 13:56:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

thank you for all your hard work.

This link to https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=poppler
doesn't allow me in any way to report bug, hope doing it here wont be
considered any violation.

I have been using Evince for many years and never reported this, instead i
keep using acroread for some pdfs, which is just silly. I believe Evince
uses poppler as pdf parser, hence my message here.

For whatever reason, Evince doesn't make links clickable in my own created
documents, see example here: http://www.penguin.cz/~vanous/out.pdf - the
numbers in circles have hyperlinks underneath (you can actually select them
as a text with a mouse). The links are small and several  of them, to fill
the circle. This was created many moons ago by writing an extension to some
3D modeling software and works perfectly in Acroread. Any idea why poppler
ignores these links?

thank you

Petr