[poppler] Patch: Fix inconsistency in SplashOutputDev

Jan-Erik S janerik234678 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 12:23:20 UTC 2017

On lör, 2017-07-29 at 18:26 +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 4 de juliol de 2017, a les 15:10:59 CEST, Jan-Erik S va escriure:
> > Hi!
> > This patch adds a way to access needFontUpdate in classes derived from
> > SplashOutputDev.  This is needed to be able to know when to call the
> > already available (i.e. protected) doUpdateFont.
>
> Given that we don't encourage people to use our internal headers i'm not
> convinced this makes much sense, please try to convince me we really need it.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

This change is needed to make the class consistent with respect to
deriving from SplashOutputDev.  Another alternative is to change
doUpdateFont to be private.  I figured that it was made protected for a
reason, and hence the need to retrieve the associated flag from a
derived class.

Regards, Jan-Erik