[poppler] Scaling factor and placement accuracy

pqt at LEFerguson.com pqt at LEFerguson.com
Sun Mar 26 16:34:10 UTC 2017

>> ourParent->document->setRenderHint(Poppler::Document::Antialiasing);
>> ourParent->document->setRenderHint(Poppler::Document::TextAntialiasing
>>ourParent->document->setRenderHint(Poppler::Document::ThinLineSolid);

>Tried thin line shape instead of thing line solid?

Thanks, Albert, I just tried it, same result.

I spent a couple hours last night trying to find the area of code that does the actual placement without any real luck, to see if there is any kind of rounding issue.   I saw a lot of other possible areas like anti-aliasing, but basically got lost in the code because I don't know enough to know what is actually inside the PDF (I tried PDFStreamDumper and can see what's inside, and even seeing it I do not understand it).

So far making the x/y scale factor integral appears to avoid the problem; it's hard to prove a negative, but I have not seen it occur in that case. This just very slightly throws off the desired size I want, and I just needed to put a proper color border into the overall page to avoid showing an outline, so it's very workable for what I want, if it keeps working.

Thanks again,

Linwood