[poppler] How to set custom 'share' directory

Jeroen Ooms jeroen at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 1 20:31:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Jason Crain <jason at inspiresomeone.us> wrote

> I don't know how you use poppler in your project, but you may also have
> the option of passing in the path when you construct the GlobalParams
> object.

Hmm that may be the function I am looking for but I don't understand
where I should pass a GlobalParams object when reading a pdf file. I
tried setting the 'globalParams' global when loading the R package but
that doesn't seem to work:

   globalParams = new GlobalParams(path.c_str());

Should I be passing the path to the "share" path or the
"share/poppler" path? FWIW our bindings are quite simple wrappers for
the cpp api: https://github.com/ropensci/pdftools/blob/master/src/bindings.cpp