[poppler] Help building popper on windows system

Mat D matthias.dieudonne at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 16:23:39 UTC 2017

I Poppler community ,

I am a French guy working on an open-source Node.js project that use poppler
 .

First I really thanks you all for your very good work on poppler.

My team and I had created a node.js add ons (it’s in c++) that use your
poppler lib, we only need poppler-cpp because we only extract metadata &
text from PDF.

Our module are succefully built for Linux and MacOSX (for Mac We only
needed to say our module to get iconv library more), now we want to do a
great job and let the possibility for a guy under windows to use it too. So
we need to build poppler for windows via node-gyp (We cannot use cmake to
do it unfortunetly).

I passed days on it to find what poppler need and at this moment I am
nearly able to build it, I am just confuse about iconv and sys/time.h files
that are required by poppler-cpp and I did not found what are the defines
to tell poppler to compile in win32 mod.

So could anyone tell my what defines/Variables are needed to build poppler-cpp
on windows ?

We only want ou module to extract metadata & text from the pdf so I think a
lot of library/source are unnecessary .

Our git repo is here: http://github.com/istex/popplonode

You could check what defined/variables we already set in this example:

https://github.com/istex/popplonode/blob/master/lib/poppler.gyp
<https://pastebin.com/HTqQ2P8x>

If anyone could help me :)

Thanks by advance poppler team; and sorry for my bad english :)