[poppler] Question about Poppler 0.45 Releases note

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 02:45:41 UTC 2017

>In Poppler 0.45 Releases note, I can see a line "pdfinfo: Fix memory leaks"

>is it worth to get the fix in this release?

poppler is a fork of xpdf 3. poppler has newer releases about 20 times more frequently than xpdf, so fixes to a given poppler release might not necessarily fix a problem that existed in xpdf.
xpdf 3.02 was released over 10 years ago. You should probably consider updating either to xpdf 4.00 or to the current poppler to get security-related fixes.

William