[poppler] cmake and static binaries

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:44:09 UTC 2017

>Can you me more specific about the exact name of the library please?

ldd pdftops shows it as
libjbig.so.2.1 => /lib64/libjbig.so.2.1

I have Fedora 25 which might affect the version numbers.

  dnf provides /usr/lib64/libjbig.so.2.1

returns

  jbigkit-libs-2.1-5.fc24.x86_64 : JBIG1 lossless image compression library

The library is a minor thing, but I remember from a patch that added compression that some compression and decompression libraries have vulnerabilities.

At least for testing with my files, the autotools static pdftops with the library and the cmake static pdftops without the library both worked fine.

Regards, William