[poppler] cmake and static binaries

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 9 20:57:45 UTC 2017

> It's not a direct dependency of poppler

Thanks for the draw_lib_dependencies command.

It shows that libjbig is a dependency of libtiff. https://imgur.com/a/8WYfY

I did normal dynamic builds with no options 'configure;make' in one area and 'cmake .;make' in another area.

ldd shows libjbig as a dependency of the autotools libpoppler.so but not the cmake libpoppler.so

If it only happens to me, it isn't worth looking at, but if it happens to anyone else, it could be a difference between the default options in autotools and cmake.

Since libjbig is a dependency of libtiff and not directly of libpoppler, the difference might be what libpoppler uses in libtiff.

The config.h files set different options.

$ diff <(grep define auto/poppler-0.59.0/config.h | sort) <(grep define cmake/poppler-0.59.0/config.h | sort)
1,3d0
< #  define WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
< # define _DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE 1
< # if defined __BIG_ENDIAN__
21a19
> #define HAVE_LIBZ 1
30d27
< #define HAVE_PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT 1
36a34
> #define HAVE_SYS_DIR_H 1
40d37
< #define HAVE_TIFFIO_H 1
43d39
< #define HAVE_ZLIB_H 1
45d40
< #define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"
56d50
< #define POPPLER_VERSION "0.59.0"
60d53
< #define USE_OPENJPEG1 1
63,64c56,57
< #define WITH_OPENJPEG_IGNORE_PCLR_CMAP_CDEF_FLAG 1
< #if defined AC_APPLE_UNIVERSAL_BUILD
---
> #define snprintf _snprintf
> #if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER < 1900
68a62
> /* MS defined snprintf as deprecated but then added it in Visual Studio 2015. */

poppler-config.h is different also.

$ diff <(grep define auto/poppler-0.59.0/poppler/poppler-config.h | sort -u) <(grep define cmake/poppler-0.59.0/poppler/poppler-config.h | sort -u)
4a5
> #define ENABLE_ZLIB 1
9a11
> #define HAVE_SYS_DIR_H 1