[poppler] XMP support

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 25 23:01:30 UTC 2017

We have "very basic" XMP metadata support, i.e. we "can read it" in
Catalog::readMetadata and pdfinfo -meta dumps it

But that's it.

The ISO spec says that "the metadata stream shall be taken as authoritative
[given some conditions]" and we're not obeying that in say pdfinfo.

I guess we should at least support the dc: and xmp: entries that are similar
to the catalog info document, e.g. dc:title dc:creator xmp:CreateDate

Question is where to do this:
 * in pdfinfo
 * in poppler core

In pdfinfo is easier since we don't have to build lots of classes around it,
but that means that for example I would have to do the same code in Okular
which is not particularly great.

Opinions?