[poppler] 7 commits - CMakeLists.txt cpp/CMakeLists.txt poppler/GfxState.cc poppler/Link.cc poppler/Link.h qt5/src

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Mon Apr 16 20:42:06 UTC 2018

Am 16.04.2018 um 22:21 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El dilluns, 16 d’abril de 2018, a les 20:36:37 CEST, Adam Reichold va
> escriure:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Am 16.04.2018 um 20:22 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>>> El dilluns, 16 d’abril de 2018, a les 19:05:25 CEST, Adam Reichold va
>>>
>>> escriure:

>>> You're right, good catch!

>>> But your patch does exactly what i want to avoid, you're copying the set
>>> in
>>>
>>> auto seenNextActionsAux = seenNextActions;
>>>
>>> This other patch I'm attaching should fix the problem too with less
>>> copying, right?
>>
>> It does not copy,
>
> How does that not copy? it does
>   setA = setB
> that has to copy the contents, no?

I meant your second patch using std::shared_ptr. That one does not copy,
but it also does not keep the semantics of the original implementation.
My patch did copy where it is necessary to preserve those semantics.

>> but it is not functionally equivalent to the original
>> implementation which would not share the already-seen actions between
>> the branches in the array (as this does not imply circular connections).
>>
>> Also std::shared_ptr uses atomic reference counts behind the scenes and
>> is hence a rather heavy weight abstraction w.r.t performance.
>>
>> So if any repetitions and not just circular paths are forbidden, the
>> easiest option would probably be to have parseAction just become
>>
>> static LinkAction* doParseAction(const Object*, const GooString*, const
>> std::std<int>&);
>>
>> with an additional helper
>>
>> static LinkAction parseAction(const Object* obj, const GooString* baseURI) {
>> std::set<int> seenNextActions;
>> return doParseAction(obj, baseURI, seenNextActions);
>> }
>
> Yeah, that's what we have in some other places, i guess i'll just go with
> that.

Concerning 444d9d8de5d4f8d627084405e1583b6d6d3900c7, I think it would be
preferable to have second parseAction variant namend differently (and
probably also private) so that it does not participate in overload
resolution unintentionally and unnecessarily.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Best regards,
Adam