[poppler] Static build

Ranjan Ghosh ghosh at pw6.de
Fri Dec 14 19:07:38 UTC 2018

Wow. What a wild ride. Once you type "ldd pdf2svg" and you really see
"Not a dynamic executable" after literally days of work you almost
cannot believe it's true. Thank you so much, Jeroen! It took me a while
to finally figure it all out, but I eventually managed to build a static
pdf2svg binary. The single sentence below from you was very short and
(for me) initially *extremely* cryptic (I'm no expert on all this stuff,
mind you) but turned out to be one of the wisest tips I ever got in IT.
So much cleverness crammed into one single sentence. I just had to trust
exactly what you said and diligently follow through and solve every
single compilation error and consequence that resulted out of it.

I posted on the relevant pdf2svg issue how I've finally managed to put
everything together in case some else finds it useful:

https://github.com/dawbarton/pdf2svg/issues/5