[poppler] [RFC] Replace GooHash by std::unordered_map

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Mar 3 19:21:00 UTC 2018

El dimecres, 28 de febrer de 2018, a les 11:02:11 CET, Oliver Sander va
escriure:
> On 21.02.2018 00:31, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I'd really appreciate other people's comments on this.
>
> I am generally in favour of changes like this, provided there is no
> significant increase in run-time or binary code size.  I think such changes
> do decrease long-term maintenance costs, and they make it easier for new
> developers to understand the code.  The current GooHash implementation may
> be a reasonable implementation of a hash table (I didn't check), but it is
> completely undocumented, and if I ever need to know what it does, I will
> have to read the code. On the other hand, while that emplaceRangeMap lambda
> looks strange to me on first sight too, all this modern C++ stuff is well
> described in books, online articles and blog posts.
> BTW: I always thought that changes like this couldn't be made because it
> makes backporting patches from xpdf more difficult/impossible.  Is this not
> an issue anymore?

we never got around to merge xpdf 3.04 changes and given the relatively big
change i did regarding Object i guess we can say that porting xpdf code isn't
really a big motivation anymore for not making improving changes.