[poppler] Fontconfig issue whilst building Poppler 0.62.0

Germán Poo-Caamaño gpoo at gnome.org
Fri Mar 23 16:56:13 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 09:30 -0700, Simon Shugar wrote:
> Dear Suzuki,
>
> I am using a CentOS linux distro. Running the pkg command does show
> that it
> doesn't seem to find fontconfig. The output is below. I'll continue
> to look
> at it my end and see if I can rebuild fontconfig so it registers with
> pkg.
>
> *Output*
> [root at localhost build]# pkg-config fontconfig --libs --static
> Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
> No package 'fontconfig' found

Hi Simon,

Do as it says:

"Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
 to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable"

Likely, you have to do something like:

$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PGK_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/share

Assuming you are installing in /usr/local as the previous log show.

PS: it is a bad practice to user 'root' as a regular user, as it seems
you are doing for building the applications.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/