[poppler] poppler::ustring encoding issue

Jeroen Ooms jeroen at berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 26 12:17:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 5:39 AM, suzuki toshiya
<mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> My fix consists from 2 parts.
>
> part 1)
> I replaced all detail::unicode_GooString_to_ustring() by ustring::from_utf8(),
> this was suggested by Adam.
>
> https://github.com/mpsuzuki/poppler/commit/7404f5effa8e303399e5101d54ff954ee5153e44
>
> I think this rather simple fix was already reviewed by Albert.
>
> part 2)
> UTF-16 handling needs some improvement. the issue was reported
> by Jeroen.
>
> https://github.com/mpsuzuki/poppler/commit/b3230c7098b891da0b92742264d78c9bd86750bd

Thanks suzuki! I have reviewed and tested these patches and can
confirm everything now works. I think this is an enormous improvement.

For the record, the patches can be tested from this branch:

  https://github.com/mpsuzuki/poppler/tree/cpp-textlist-encoding-issue

Thanks again for debugging these complicated issues.